Moving Out of State

If you are relocating outside the state of Florida we recommend not canceling your Florida insurance until you have registered your vehicle(s) in the state you are moving to or have surrendered all valid plates. You can also mail your plate with a copy of your license with the surrender plate affidavit to our office at the mailing address listed below.

Pasco Tax Collector
Attn: Motor Vehicle Services
PO Box 276
Dade City, FL 33526

Please select from one of the following forms:

Turning in your plate BEFORE canceling your insurance will allow you to avoid possible suspension and reinstatement fees. If during your period of transition you fail to maintain required insurance coverage in Florida it may result in the suspension of your driving privileges and a requirement to pay a reinstatement fee of up to $500.00.

If you have any questions, please call our Call Center: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm