New Florida Residents

How to transfer your out of State title to Florida...

If you are hard of hearing or deaf, please visit our Youtube page for Closed Captioning/ subtitle services.


How to transfer your out of State Driver License to Florida...

If you are hard of hearing or deaf, please visit our Youtube page for Closed Captioning/ subtitle services.

Welcome to Pasco County. Below you will find information you need to obtain a Florida driver license and vehicle registration.

We look forward to serving you at one of our 5 convenient office locations. Office hours are:

Monday through Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm, Pasco Residents Only

Monday through Friday 8:30am – 4:00pm, Out of County Residents

Saturday services for Pasco Residents Only from 8:30am – 12:00 Noon at Wesley Chapel and Gulf Harbors.

For more detailed information about our hours and locations, please use the following link:

Office Hours and Locations (


General Information:

As a new Florida resident, you must obtain a valid Florida driver license within 30 days of establishing residency to drive on Florida roads. In addition, you must obtain insurance from a Florida insurance agent that is licensed to sell insurance in Florida in order to title and register your vehicle(s), vessel(s), and mobile home(s) within 10 days of establishing residency.
    You are considered a Florida resident if you have:
  • Started employment in Florida
  • Enrolled your child(ren) in a public school in Florida
  • Registered to vote in Florida
  • Filed for homestead tax exemption on property in Florida
  • Lived in Florida for a period of more than six consecutive months

Transfer a Valid Out of State Driver License to Florida

 The following is required to transfer a valid out of state license to a Florida Driver License:
  1. United States Birth Certificate OR valid United States Passport. A birth certificate must be issued by a government agency.
  2. Surrender of the out of state license.
  3. Social Security Card or W-2 form, paycheck stub or Form 1099 with full social security number listed.
  4. Vision test done in office.
  5. Proof of residential address requires two of the following reflecting your name and address: deed, mortgage statement, lease agreement, voter registration, vehicle registration, W2 form, 1099 form, or a homeowners, automobile, or life insurance policy. For a complete list of items, click Proof of Residential Address.
  6. If the documentation submitted reflects any name change, an original or certified copy of your Marriage License, Divorce Decree or Court Order, must be submitted. In some instances, more than one marriage license, divorce decree or court order document may be required to show the chain of name changes. Photocopies cannot be accepted. Marriage license must be from a governmental agency. Church issued licenses cannot be accepted.

If the out-of-state license is expired, suspended, or revoked, a written and/or road test may be required.

For more detailed information about transferring a out of state driver license to Florida, please use the following link:

Transfer an Out of State Title to Florida

To register a vehicle with an out of state title, please provide the following to any of our offices:

  1. Out-of-State Title Certificate, in your name or properly assigned to you.
  2. If your vehicle is financed, you will need to request the title from your lienholder. Please use the following form by clicking here. Additional information about this process can be found on the customer instructions sheet.
  3. Vehicle Identification / Odometer Verification Form. Vehicle must be present for identification number and odometer inspection by any Tax Collector's office, weather permitting. Inspection may also be performed by a law enforcement officer from any state, a Florida notary, a Florida DMV Compliance Examiner/Inspector, or a Florida licensed car dealer. The forms are available at any Tax Collector office. Note: Any vehicle coming from a foreign country requires additional documentation.
  4. Each applicant must be present to sign the application, or a properly completed Motor Vehicle Power of Attorney may be furnished. Personal identification, such as a driver's license, is required for notarization of signatures.
  5. Proof of Florida Insurance - If purchasing a license plate, Florida Property Damage, and Personal Injury Protection insurance. Copy of insurance card or policy is required.
  6. Sales tax may be applicable.


For more detailed information about registering and title a vehicle, please use the following link:


Helpful links:

Military and Veteran Information

Hunting/Fishing License Information

Property Tax Information

Homestead Exemption Information



 Pasco Tax Collector Twitter Feed Pasco Tax Collector Facebook Feed